Thursday, September 16, 2010

More Internet Intel

Aaron here. (As transcribed by my darling wife)

I know that many of you are interested in the Internet situation here at the apartment, especially in regards to Xbox Live and Playstation Network. Unfortunately, the school network has an extremely rigid security protocol, thereby preventing Trinity students from using either gaming service. What does mean? Well, for the next year, I won't be able to game with anyone back home. There are a few gaming parlors in Rathmines, but I would have to pay each time I brought in my Xbox for some game time. I also wouldn't be able to shout with joy after a particularly epic victory without disturbing nearby gamers.

I returned my copy of "Halo: Reach" to the game store yesterday and put my Xbox up on GumTree (an Irish version of Craigslist). I still have my Playstation 3 for single-player gaming, so all is not lost .To be honest, I'm very disappointed, because online gaming is how I planned on keeping up with my guy friends back in the States, but I also know that Lauren and I should count ourselves lucky for having Internet in our apartment. We still have Skype, email and Facebook.

The only other way that I could use Xbox Live is if Lauren and I purchased Internet Sticks from our mobile phone carrier. You can plug these into your computer, and then share the resultant internet with your Xbox using an Ethernet cable. The downside? They are expensive and only offer limited amounts of game time. These sticks just aren't affordable for us right now.

Anyhow, look for us on Skype. We'll be posting pictures (finally!) of our apartment soon, as well. Oh, and I'm still looking for a job, so please continue praying for that. The nearby GameStops will be hiring some temporary staff members for the Holidays, so I'm hoping for a call soon. If I land a temporary job, I'll do my best to extend my employment past January 1. I've also applied to several other businesses in Rathmines and the City Centre, so those might work out, as well. The Lord is holding us in suspense, but we trust Him and believe that He will provide, as He always has.

No comments:

Post a Comment