Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mission Accomplished

Hey, all! Aaron here.

I just got home from my first day of work, and while I am very tired and ready for some R&R, I promised I would let you know how it went. Without further ado, I present a bulleted list of my first impressions.
  • I really, really like working at GAME.
  • My fellow coworkers are wonderful. They were all genuinely interested in getting to know me and peppered me with questions all day. It was nice to be the center of attention for awhile.
  • I got paid to try out Microsoft's new "Kinect" peripheral that releases in more than a month.
  • Kinect is incredible awesome.
  • Today was a bit crazy around the store due to a surprise visit from management, but it was still very laid back and relaxed. If today was a crazy day, I can't wait to see a normal one.
  • You know it's a great coworker atmosphere when everyone stands outside after locking up for five minutes shooting the breeze before parting ways.
  • I get to work again tomorrow and again on Saturday.
  • Employees get paid time-and-a-half to work on Sundays.
In short, I had a truly excellent day. I have zero complaints and spent the bus ride home thanking God for such a perfect job. I know it was only the first day, but it was just "grand," as they say here. Thank you again for your prayers! Lauren and I are so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I love the fact that they say "grand." I can just imagine it :)

    And yes, my favorite jobs I've ever held have been ones where coworkers can just have good conversation (even after/before hours).

    God is good.

    ReplyDelete