Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Luke 11:9, You Were Right!

Aaron here. Guess what?

I GOT A JOB!

Last Thursday, I interviewed for a job at "GAME", which is an electronics store just like GameStop, except it also sells movies and music. Video games, however, are the main product offered. I didn't want to mention anything on the blog about the interview because I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up (mine included). The past 18 months has held several job disappointments for me, with lots of hopes getting dashed time and time again. There has certainly been some high points (like Demand Studios), but for the most part, job hunting has been a difficult prospect and I thought I would post on the blog when something finally worked out. And it did!

Believe it or not, I'm actually very excited about working at GAME, even though it isn't where I originally planned on getting a job (GameStop). I obviously have nothing against GameStop, but it's all about location, location, location. Check out this map I made (click on it for a larger view).

As you can see, GAME is located a stones-throw from the building in which Lauren is taking her classes. Seriously, I could hit the building with a rock from GAME's front door. Probably throwing left-handed. You'll also note that the bus stops that take us home are just down the street. Since you haven't been to Dublin, that might not sound too impressive, but understand that there are 25 - 30 bus stops scattered around city center. There are only two bus stops that can take us home, and there they are, outlined in blue.

I'm sure you're starting to see why Lauren and I are so tickled. It would appear that God prompted me to work at GameStop this summer, perhaps not to gain GameStop experience, but to gain game shop experience. It's because of my time at GameStop that I scored a job a GAME. Isn't that incredible? It's reminiscent of that first week Lauren and I arrived and couldn't move in to our place in Cunningham House. Little did we know that it was so we could move into a much posher (it's a word now) place with an elevator and a view. God is so good, and so clever!

It gets better.

Minimum wage in Ireland is 8.65 Euro per hour. GAME is paying me 9.50 Euro an hour. Don't get out your calculators--I'll save you the trouble. 9.50 Euro is over $12 USD per hour. Tomorrow, my first day, I'll be working eight hours. That's a few dollars shy of $100 USD. I was also offered work Friday and Saturday of this week!

Anyway, Lauren and I are super excited and hope that you are, too! I'll be sure to let you know how my first day of work goes tomorrow (I'll go into work at 6:30am your time). Thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts. They are clearly doing something!

5 comments:

  1. so exciting! D:

    crazy crazy, glad it's working out not only favorably but conveniently as well!

    can't put a price on convenience :)

    very proud of you for your determination and very pleased to see God doting on you so obviously :) Go Game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you, Aaron, and happy for you both. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS Aaron!!! I am so proud of you! God is SO good! Our God is a God of detail. We just don't see it until He makes His way clear. Sometimes He chooses to go before us weeks, months sometimes even years ahead to bring about His perfect plan. He is FAITHFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right you are, Momma. :-) Right you are.

    ReplyDelete